The William E. Laupus Health Sciences Library at East Carolina University seeks a person with curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking skills to provide expert search services in a variety of health subject areas and to serve as a liaison to ECU’s College of Nursing. This position provides proactive, library user-centered education, research, and information services using a variety of methods and technologies. This position primarily supports the ECU College of Nursing within ECU’s Division of Health Sciences. This position works closely with teaching and research faculty to integrate library instruction and research expertise into the curricula and culture of the College of Nursing. The position develops and maintains instructional materials for faculty and students in distance education and on-campus programs. The position also provides expert search services in a variety of health subject areas and serves the needs of faculty, staff and students within all of the colleges and schools in the Health Sciences. The Information Services Librarian is part of a team of librarians, support staff, and library partners working to achieve the library’s mission to provide excellent customer service in client settings and in the library.
Provides expert reference, searching and research assistance, including systematic reviews and other kinds of expert level searches. Serves as a liaison to the College of Nursing by building and maintaining strong professional relationships with faculty and students, assessing information needs and responding with appropriate library services and resources, leveraging current technology trends and implementing best practices. Works regular shifts at the Service Desk including some Saturdays. Provides subject expertise in reviewing and making recommendations for library acquisitions, and contributes to the development of library collections and services. Develops, markets, and delivers instruction sessions on a variety of library and information seeking skills related topics. Proactively seeks ways to utilize new technologies to improve library skills instruction. Seeks out professional development opportunities as needed. Provides expert assistance for researchers. Participates in the Laupus Library Systematic Review Service. Conducts Systematic Reviews. Counsels and educates users on Systematic Review versus other similar expert level literature searches. Works closely with Research Librarian to assist researchers with a variety of tasks such as but not limited to meeting federal grant requirements, exploring open access publishers, managing research data, research skill development support for undergraduates and graduate, and faculty scholarship and publishing support. Participates in the work of the User Services division of Laupus Library, and works collegially with Access Services staff. Participates in Laupus Library committees and projects as assigned.
ECU seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff, and administration. Academic Library Services strongly encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
• ALA accredited master’s degree in library or information science, or related advanced degree
Preferred Education and Experience
• Two years’ relevant post-degree work experience in health sciences or academic library
• Familiarity or experience with interprofessional education and practice
• Demonstrated participation in teams to conduct systematic reviews, practice guidelines, evidence synthesis, consensus statements, and similar
• Proficiency with at least one reference management tool and familiarity with systematic review software
• Demonstrated knowledge of current biomedical information resources
• Experience with research design and methodology, grants, and scholarly publishing
• Working knowledge of bibliometrics and Open Access models
• Experience conducting expert-level literature searching in health subject areas
• Demonstrated experience designing and teaching adult learners using scalable, interactive methods, both one-on-one and in groups, online and face-to-face.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the nursing literature and scholarly communication practices in the discipline.
• Evidence of project, priority, and time management skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be flexible and able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment with rapid changes.
Terms of Appointment
Initial appointment is a one (1) year fixed term contract, subsequent renewal may be for a multi-year fixed-term contract. The minimum salary is $50,000. ECU offers an excellent benefits package.
Official transcripts are required upon employment. Applicants must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. East Carolina University is an EO/AA university and accommodates individuals with disabilities.
Go here to apply: pa038.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=86794